Friday, August 18, 2006

Tana

I spent almost ten days in Tana, the capital. The film I used when I arrived in Madagascar didn't work out, so I am missing a few photos of the capital. Still here's a selection.
Here's a typical street shot taken at the bottom of the Lambert Hotel stairs. I am in Analakely. In the distance you can see the stairs going up to Isoraka, the area where I spent most of my time in Tana. Between the two staircases are hundreds of streetsellers and tens of beggars. Can you spot the 2CV?
Tana with a dramatic sunset taken from the Lambert hotel.
A spire of the queen's palace, the Rova. The Rova dominates the town but burnt down a few years ago. They are rebuilding it slowly.
The view from my room at the Lambert Hotel. The reception was full of prostitutes making sure their chosen man wasn't going anywhere without their consent. Every other hotel in town was booked out; staying at the Lambert was eye opening. The hotel has great views.

No comments: