Saturday, August 26, 2006

Isalo

This is Madagascar's most popular national park, with over twenty thousand visitors a year. Personally, of the three I visited, this was the most disappointing. For weeks on the west coast, I couldn't figure what was missing on my photos. Clouds, that was what! A frenchmen I met in Isalo and with whom I travelled to Andringtira kept on talking of the different shades of blue of the sky of Madagascar. You can see what he meant on this photo.
One of the famous cascades, cascade des nymphes, I think. I could be wrong. There wasn't enough light for the picture.
The Savannah: the mountains you see in the back form the Isalo massif. This is at sunrise (yes, I was up that early.)
Isalo's most famous attraction: the piscine naturelle. The kid that just jumped in as I took the photo has a sister with whom I sympathised that day, and later, meeting her randomly in Tana. As to what, every encounter can matter.

No comments: