Friday, August 18, 2006

Market scenes

Markets are centres of activity. Throughout my trip, I often visited them; sometimes to buy something, say food or a bag, other to see what was on sale.This is Fianar's Zoma market. Big enough to get lost, there was so much on sale: car parts, meat, veggies, clothes, and so much I forget. Fianar is in the region of the Betsileo, a somewhat haughty people. They don't stare at me as much as others.
The market of Ambalavoa, where I and a friend bought two days' worth of food. The ladies were competing for our custom. We went to the cheapest and nicest looking tomatoes.
A market 15 km from Ambositra on a particularly cold day. People wear blankets around them; here's a stall selling them.
Why?! Probably because some white guy sent them. Beautiful donation...

No comments: