Saturday, April 23, 2005

New sites

My African research continues. I have found a good source:
http://www.southing.com

These guys drove from Copenhagen to Cape Town 18 months ago. Go to their diary and read their adventures. Their writing is brief and full of photographs.

I got this link of some other website.
http://www.africa-overland.net/
If you want to get a list of people currently doing something similar to what I intend, follow this link.

This week looks like it is going to be busy. I will be working late at least one night, I have to write a 6 pages research proposal, and I have to prepare a testimony against the right-to-die for class. If you have opinions about this issue, please tell me. I need all the inspiration I can get.

The issue is such: Oregon, one of the American states, passed legislation a few years ago, according to which doctors can assist suicide. Ie, flick this switch and your pains will end. To be eligible, a patient must have been diagnosed by at least two doctors to have less than six months to live. There is much outrage, and the case is going to the supreme court soon. I would like to hear your opinion, however informed you are.

No comments: