Sunday, May 07, 2006

Off tomorrow

Right and I'm back to it. Blogging and travelling. Tomorrow I leave for Sydney, and on Tuesday I fly to Mauritius followed by South Africa, and Madagascar. It's all quite exciting. I will try to update this blog at least once a week, more when I can.
The trip breakdown:
SA: 3 weeks
Madagascar: 2 months
Mauritius: few days here and there since it's my transit point.

What I'll be doing:
SA: visiting a friend and getting a feel for the place
Madagascar: discovering the culture, trekking around, and trying to grasp development challenges.
Mauritius: trying not to spend too much money. The island is made for the jetset and honeymooners.

I am going to use this blog rather than emails as my main means of contact. If you have my email address, please send me emails every now and again. It's always nice to hear from people that remind me of home or elsewhere. I'll respond.

If you have any comments, or want to hear more specifics about certain aspects of my trip, you can use the comments part of the site. For the moment, I mainly get ads as comments. For example, you'd like to know how people drive in Madagascar: this is not exactly a private question. Instead of emailing me, use the comments section: click on make a comment. You don't have to sign up.

I decided against taking a digital camera since I won't be carrying a computer around. Because of this, it'll be harder for me to post pictures. I may be able to every now and again, but I guess you'll have to see through my descriptions.

No comments: