Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Maurice

I am in Mauritius, staying in Pointe D'esny, in a little chambre d'hote. I am getting used to speaking French everywhere. Even though Mauritius sees a lot of English-speaking tourists, locals approach me in French. I've seen them approach others in English. Perhaps, I look French...

The island looks very nice, if it is a little expensive for my student's tastes. Soon, I will head out to the beach and enjoy a swim in a lagoon. I'll follow that with a visit to another village; there, I'll look around the markets, see a bit and then come back. Adrien gave me the number of Chrystel; she has been charming and incredibly helpful. Tomorrow I am flying to Cape Town...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I told you you look French, and I'm glad to see my point proven, as always.
I am sooo jealous! You know how I love to receive mail, so why don't you try and make me even more jealous by sending me some postcard from some exotic place:
Marloes Kouwenberg
St Hugh's College
Oxford
OX2 6LE
UK
Have fun and be good ;-)

Anonymous said...

Well, you won't get a postcard from Mauritius for a while now, but maybe from South Africa, if I'm nice ;-)