Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Computer is back

Yes it is! Cured, finally.

I had no idea what I had, and I had no idea how to fix it, so I googled, and I found this website called "castle cops"; there I submitted a log of a scanning software. Step by step, an expert told me how to clean up my computer. I used software I have never heard of before, and never wish to hear of again, but now the computer is clean.
The service the site offered was free: is this a not for profit site? The man who helped me, however good he is, must have spent at least half an hour on me. And there are hundreds of problems more everyday. There are ads on the site, but I didn't click through any of them. I would think most people wouldn't. It is possible that the site works on a commission basis. They have a lot of links to software that would help me in the future. Or it could be that malware/spyware/worm-haters have a strong enough passion to spawn a desire to help thousands of helpless victims like myself out of the goodness of their heart.

The site is:
http://computercops.biz/

No comments: