Monday, August 01, 2005

American wrap-up

My time in the United States has come to an end. I arrived back in Australia two weeks ago, after a day spent enjoying Taipei's typhoon. I spent the last two weeks after my last post studying, partying and relaxing in Palo Alto's summer weather.
On the last week, we were asked to prepare a group presentation on a business subject of our choice. My group decided to focus on the rise of Starbucks, and of the role of Howard Schultz in its success. The topic was well geared towards an audience of young and hopeful business oriented professionals. The students enjoyed hearing a story of success, and we got a good response from them. Well besides the odd comment of about Starbucks and corporate America.

After the presentations, on the Friday night, we had a graduation dinner, followed by a night out. They had hired out a limo bus to get us to the bars. The evening was fun, more because everyone was bent on having a good last night, than because of anything else, but attitude on these occasions is everything.

Saturday night, I left the US for Australia via Taiwan. There was a typhoon in Taipei, which put an end to my plans of visiting the town. By the time I got to Australia, I wasn't feeling well. It took me a week to get better, and university had already started. Since then, I have been going to class, while trying to ensure that I will graduate at the end of this semester. A tough task, since I am not taking any engineering classes.

I am still going to use this page for the odd trip or photos, but until Africa, it is not going to be quite as active.

No comments: