Saturday, May 21, 2005

Mama Mia

I saw the broadway musical Mama Mia yesterday night, and I must say that I was very happily surprised. What a bunch of skilled actors, a cheesy writer, and a skilled director can achieve with a limited story and a repertoire of Abba songs! I was on my feet applauding at the end. Apparently, in San Francisco, the audience gets up and dances during the songs, but in Washington, they had trouble getting up to simply applaud. For the first time, I had to get up first to get others on their feet. Still, it surprised me how entertaining a good show is.

I am continuing my research on the Africa trip; it is very exciting. There is so much to know. I bought the adventure motorcycling handbook, a great read, very informational. New problem: James has been planning to go to Sweden to do some farming for nine months from march 06, which clashes with this trip. I tried to talk him out of it, but if you know him, don't let him go to Sweden. Email him, pester him, harass him -- don't let him stray from the righteous path. Farming, gee. But at this stage I am not too worried; when he starts researching this trip, the appeal will be just too great.

I am posting a link to this website again, for those that haven't seen it. The pictures are very good. I would be going to the places in the latter half of his trip.
http://www.contrast.cx/welcome/

No comments: